Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Ocho Meme

mojoey tagged my wife who then tagged me. I think every blog I will have ever read will eventually have this meme on it.

SO, onwards:

  • We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
  • Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  • At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don't forget to leave them each a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
1. Habit: I bite my nails like it's going out of style. I think I always have. It's annoying as shit, and I've stopped a few times in my life, but it only ever lasts a few months.

2. Fact: I know I shouldn't be, but I'm a sucker for lolcats. Usually internet fads annoy me to the point of anger, like 1337 5p34k, but lolcats just make my day. I have the I Can Has Cheezburger feed in my feed reader. I mean, come on, how can you not smile when you look at this:



3. Habit: I'm a digg junkie. There isn't a single item that hits the front page that I don't at least read the little blurb for. It's great! You really find out a lot of news that you wouldn't from more traditional media, as well as a lot of time-wasters.

4. Fact/Habit/Embarrassing Confession: For a few years now, I have had what you could almost consider an imaginary friend. I thought one day "I wonder what someone from 18th century America would think about our world today" and ever since then I can't stop imagining some person from Colonial times following me around and being amazed and confused about everything. It's not like I talk to him, but I do imagine conversations I would have with him. Really, it's amazing how far we've come, and it's an interesting thought experiment, but I can't seem to turn it off whenever my mind is idle.

5. Fact: I have ADD. This could explain #4 a bit, I suppose. I've learned to deal with it on my own, because medication really messed me up, and my stomach has never completely recovered. This didn't help #6 out at all.

6. Fact: I have a chronically bad gastrointestinal system. I got it from my mom. I have recurring diverticulitis, but I have it under control with a high fiber diet. Diverticulitis usually doesn't show up until late thirties, early forties, and I'm now 25. I have acid reflux. I used to throw up all the time but it's been a blissfully long time since I've done that. Hopefully it's getting better with age.

7. Fact: I'm a geek, to the extreme, and I love every minute of it. I own about 10 computers, and a few of them even work. I love sci-fi movies (good sci-fi... not the Sci-Fi Channel original movies like FrankenFish). I have seen every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and I knew about Firefly before it was canceled. I have only come across a very few computer problems I couldn't fix, I know enough HTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL to do some quality web design. I have three monitors on my desk right now, two of them hooked up to this PC, two of them soon to be hooked up to another PC (one of them shared via KVM). I used to run Linux exclusively. And I can use all of this at my job!

8. Fact: I'm a movie/music snob, but not in a bad way. I hate the crap they play on the radio these days. There's an occasional good song, but I have actively sought out most of the music I listen to. Lately at least half of the movies I've seen have been Asian, and not the generic Kung-Fu movies that get imported to America. Takeshi Miike and Takeshi Kitano from Japan, Chan-Wook Park and Joon-ho Bong from Korea, Johnny To and Wilson Yip from China, could all teach even the best directors in Hollywood a thing or two about how to make a movie. That said, I still enjoy the pointless Hollywood crapfest like Ultraviolet, which is definitely a terrible movie but it's just so damn fun to watch! So while I'm snobbish in my preferences, it's definitely not to the exclusion of others.

So now, who am I going to tag that hasn't been already... hmmmmm...

The first two are the only blogs I read (out of like 30 or so if you include rarely read ones) that are relatively active and haven't been tagged yet.
Chadmac
Cragar

Now, some random people on Planet Atheism
Blurp
Kill the Afterlife
Radical Atheist
Stupid Evil Bastard
The Spiritual Atheist
Hell's Handmaiden

No comments: